ONSLOW COUNTY - A high-speed chase ends with a motorcycle driver being thrown from the bike.
The driver of the bike was a Camp Lejeune Marine, who's now in critical condition.
Troopers say a Jones County deputy tried to pull over the motorcycle on Highway 258 Saturday afternoon.
The deputy had clocked the bike at over 100 miles per hour, troopers said.
Investigators say the motorcycle driver took off, speeding up to 120 miles per hour, and crossed into Onslow County.
The driver was weaving through traffic, and later crashed in front of the Marine Federal Credit Union in Richlands, troopers said.
The driver will be charged with felony speeding to elude.
- Updated U.K. approves crucial third runway at London's Heathrow
- Updated Judge approves Volkswagen's $15B emissions settlement
- Updated NBA: 10 big predictions for the new season
- Updated Drinking two sweetened drinks per day? You could be doubling your risk of diabetes
- Updated Rain expected from Upper Midwest to New England