DUPLIN COUNTY - A man was killed Friday morning when the tractor he was driving overturned, the Highway Patrol told NewsChannel 12.
Troopers said the accident happened at about 10:30 a.m. on a private property near Cornmill Road, about two miles southwest of Beulaville in Duplin County.
Richard Kim Maready, 54, of Beulaville, was trying to clean up some scrap metal that was wrapped around a tree stump, troopers said. But when Maready pulled the metal, the tractor overturned and killed him.
The victim was driving a Farmall 100, and the property he was on belongs to his family, according to investigators.
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville