ONSLOW COUNTY - Troopers say a Jacksonville man was killed in a single car crash Saturday night.
It happened at 11p.m. on N.C. 58, near the intersection of Highway 24, in Carteret County.
Troopers say George Ramsey Jr., 53, was traveling north on 58, when his vehicle veered to the right of the road and struck a utility pole. Ramsey was taken to Carteret General Hospital. Troopers say he died shortly thereafter.
"I'm going to have a bad time, I know I am because I'm going to miss him," said George Ramsey's mother, Christina Ramsey.
Mrs. Ramsey says her son was born and raised in Jacksonville. He graduated from White Oak High School. Ramsey leaves behind a wife and a 17-year-old daughter.
"He was so proud, he was so proud of her, and he and Karen certainly should be, she's a wonderful young lady," said lifelong friend Victor Morgan.
Morgan says Ramsey worked two jobs and was loved by many in the community.
"He was the kind of guy who loved the people of this area, and wasn't shy about showing it," said Morgan.
Troopers say alcohol and speed were not factors in the crash.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating