JONES COUNTY - Troopers are investigating a deadly wreck in Jones County.
It happened just after 7 a.m. Thursday, on Watering Pond Road near Pink Hill.
Troopers say 32-year-old Amanda Smith was driving on that road this morning, when she lost control and her car ran off the road.
The car hit a telephone pole; the wreck killed Smith, from Richlands.
Smith was on her way home from her job at a pharmacy, troopers said.
She was not wearing her seat belt, troopers said.
Neither alcohol nor speed was involved.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health