JONES COUNTY - Troopers have identified a woman who was killed in a Jones County wreck after she reportedly swerved to avoid hitting dog.
The Highway Patrol said 74-year-old Dorothy Hahn, of Zebulon, drove into a light pole near 4050 Wyse Fork Road, between Trenton and Kinston. Troopers were called to the wreck at about 11:11 a.m. Sunday.
A witness said Hahn swerved to avoid hitting a dog, but then struck a mailbox and jumped a driveway, before rolling the car into the light pole.
Troopers have not released any more information on the wreck.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend