CRAVEN COUNTY - Troopers have identified the elderly woman killed in a two-vehicle crash in Craven County over the weekend.
According to investigators, 71-year-old Veronica Fennell, of Havelock, did not yield when she pulled out in front of traffic on Highway 70 at Stately Pines Road, between New Bern and Havelock, at about 3:54 p.m. Saturday.
An oncoming SUV then smashed into the side of Fennell's Mazda, killing her, troopers said.
The driver of the other car, as well as her child passengers, were taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center, where they were treated and released, investigators said. At last check, no charges had been filed.
- Election law doesn't care if Trump (or Clinton) ever concede
- Obama admits to laughing at Trump during debates
- How the GOP's first female presidential campaign manager manages Donald Trump
- Trump campaign launches nightly 'newscast' on Facebook
- More than 20 killed in attack on Pakistani police academy