CRAVEN COUNTY - Troopers have identified the elderly woman killed in a two-vehicle crash in Craven County over the weekend.
According to investigators, 71-year-old Veronica Fennell, of Havelock, did not yield when she pulled out in front of traffic on Highway 70 at Stately Pines Road, between New Bern and Havelock, at about 3:54 p.m. Saturday.
An oncoming SUV then smashed into the side of Fennell's Mazda, killing her, troopers said.
The driver of the other car, as well as her child passengers, were taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center, where they were treated and released, investigators said. At last check, no charges had been filed.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures