CRAVEN COUNTY - Troopers have identified the elderly woman killed in a two-vehicle crash in Craven County over the weekend.
According to investigators, 71-year-old Veronica Fennell, of Havelock, did not yield when she pulled out in front of traffic on Highway 70 at Stately Pines Road, between New Bern and Havelock, at about 3:54 p.m. Saturday.
An oncoming SUV then smashed into the side of Fennell's Mazda, killing her, troopers said.
The driver of the other car, as well as her child passengers, were taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center, where they were treated and released, investigators said. At last check, no charges had been filed.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend