WALLACE, DUPLIN COUNTY - Investigators have identified the bicyclist killed in a crash near a Duplin County Walmart Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Highway Patrol, 59-year-old Larry Matthews, of Wallace, died in the wreck, which happened at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Troopers said Matthews was traveling west on N.C. 41, about a quarter of a mile east of the Walmart in Wallace, when a van rear-ended the victim's bicycle.
Matthews was killed in the collision, said investigators.
The driver of the van, Manuel Kenerson, of Burgaw, has been charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
- Updated Onslow County Commissioners discuss bringing facility-based crisis center to county
- Updated Vidant works to fill shortages in nursing
- Investigation under way after teen shot in New Bern
- Republicans postpone settling Obamacare subsidies lawsuit
- Kinston Teens launches 'Adopt-A-Vacant-Lot' program