WALLACE, DUPLIN COUNTY - Investigators have identified the bicyclist killed in a crash near a Duplin County Walmart Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Highway Patrol, 59-year-old Larry Matthews, of Wallace, died in the wreck, which happened at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Troopers said Matthews was traveling west on N.C. 41, about a quarter of a mile east of the Walmart in Wallace, when a van rear-ended the victim's bicycle.
Matthews was killed in the collision, said investigators.
The driver of the van, Manuel Kenerson, of Burgaw, has been charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns