HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - An elderly Havelock woman died in a two-vehicle accident in Craven County, according to the Highway Patrol.
Troopers said the 71-year-old woman failed to yield when she pulled out in front of traffic on Highway 70 at Stately Pines Road, between New Bern and Havelock, Saturday afternoon.
An oncoming car then smashed into the side of the woman's vehicle, killing her, investigators said. Troopers did not identify the victim.
- Updated One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating