ALBERTSON, DUPLIN COUNTY - A Duplin County man was killed in a single-vehicle car crash Friday evening, according to troopers.
Troopers said Jose Louis Herrera, 34 of Albertson, was driving in his pickup truck on North Carolina Highway 111, about 18 miles north of Kenansville around 7:45 p.m.
About .6 miles north of State Road 1533, troopers said Herrera ran off the right side of the road and hit a ditch. His truck overturned, causing Herrera to be ejected from the vehicle. He came to rest underneath his truck, according to troopers.
Herrera wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and careless and reckless driving were factors in the crash, troopers said.
Troopers don't know if alcohol was involved at this time.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo