BEAUFORT COUNTY - Investigators said alcohol may have been a factor in a crash that killed a man in Beaufort County.
According to the Highway Patrol, 45-year-old David Smith died in the single-vehicle wreck, which happened at about 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
Troopers said Smith was heading south on U.S. 17, just outside Chocowinity, when he crashed and was thrown from his vehicle.
Alcohol is suspected to be a factor in the crash, troopers said. The investigation is ongoing.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms