PITT COUNTY - The Highway Patrol released the identity of a woman killed while trying to save a turtle in a road.
Mary Kramer, 70, of Michigan, pulled her car into a median area along Highway 264, near the Pitt-Beaufort County line at around 6 p.m. Sunday, troopers said. Kramer was trying to move the turtle when an 84-year-old driver hit her.
That driver will not be charged, troopers said.
- Updated Trump's path to 270 runs through ... Maine?
- Updated WikiLeaks-released memo outlines Bill Clinton's lucrative speeches
- Updated Hillary Clinton to hold election night party under real glass ceiling
- Tequila, dance parties and Adele: Hillary Clinton finally lets loose
- Dems sue GOP over Trump's 'rigged' complaints