PITT COUNTY - The Highway Patrol released the identity of a woman killed while trying to save a turtle in a road.
Mary Kramer, 70, of Michigan, pulled her car into a median area along Highway 264, near the Pitt-Beaufort County line at around 6 p.m. Sunday, troopers said. Kramer was trying to move the turtle when an 84-year-old driver hit her.
That driver will not be charged, troopers said.
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: ISIS claims blast that killed 22 at Ariana Grande concert
- Updated Craven County teenager facing rape and kidnapping charges
- Pamlico County man bitten by Lone Star Tick talks about struggles
- Jacksonville couple facing felony animal cruelty charges
- Residents call foul on geese carnage