PITT COUNTY - The Highway Patrol released the identity of a woman killed while trying to save a turtle in a road.
Mary Kramer, 70, of Michigan, pulled her car into a median area along Highway 264, near the Pitt-Beaufort County line at around 6 p.m. Sunday, troopers said. Kramer was trying to move the turtle when an 84-year-old driver hit her.
That driver will not be charged, troopers said.
- Updated Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates
- Updated Trump disavows robo-call from David Duke
- Chocowinity commissioner speaks out after assault charges