LENOIR COUNTY - Highway Patrol Trooper, Bud Radford, said two women were airlifted to Vidant in Greenville after a three-car wreck on N.C. 11/55 at Tyree Road near Kinston Friday afternoon.
Trooper Radford said a blue car ran into the back of a truck and a limousine that were stopped at a red light.
He said five people were taken to surrounding hospitals.
Trooper Radford said the two women in the blue car were airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. He said the driver is 49-year-old Ardelia Caldwell, and the passenger is 88-year-old Nancy Washing. They both have a Kinston address.
He said he does not know why Caldwell did not stop the car. He also said medical personnel believe she may have had a medical condition.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says