WILMINGTON, NEW HANOVER COUNTY (WWAY) - A Hollywood star was arrested for DWI in Hollywood East early Wednesday morning, according to deputies at the New Hanover County Jail.
The Highway Patrol says Christopher McDonald blew .15 on a breath test after being pulled over on 3rd Street in Wilmington. That's nearly twice the legal limit of .08.
Deputies say he was booked in the jail just after 4:30 a.m. under a $1,000 unsecured bond. McDonald is due in court for the charge on Dec. 11.
McDonald starred as Shooter McGavin alongside Adam Sandler in the 1996 movie "Happy Gilmore."
According to the "Wilmywood Daily," McDonald is in Wilmington filming a new movie called "The Squeeze." In an article posted on wilmywoodnc.com, McDonald just got to the Port City Monday to begin production on the film.
For more information, visit WWAY.
- Updated 7 memorable presidential debate moments
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Updated High school football player dies two days after injury in game
- Updated Governor visits Bertie County to assess flood damage
- Updated Obama dons hat, blanket during Tribal Nations ceremony