WILMINGTON, NEW HANOVER COUNTY (WWAY) - A Hollywood star was arrested for DWI in Hollywood East early Wednesday morning, according to deputies at the New Hanover County Jail.
The Highway Patrol says Christopher McDonald blew .15 on a breath test after being pulled over on 3rd Street in Wilmington. That's nearly twice the legal limit of .08.
Deputies say he was booked in the jail just after 4:30 a.m. under a $1,000 unsecured bond. McDonald is due in court for the charge on Dec. 11.
McDonald starred as Shooter McGavin alongside Adam Sandler in the 1996 movie "Happy Gilmore."
According to the "Wilmywood Daily," McDonald is in Wilmington filming a new movie called "The Squeeze." In an article posted on wilmywoodnc.com, McDonald just got to the Port City Monday to begin production on the film.
For more information, visit WWAY.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns