--Pitt County - An ECU football player has been charged with reckless driving after he overturned his pick-up truck early this morning.
The highway patrol says that sophomore Danny Webster Jr. was traveling north on NC 43 toward Greenville around 12:45 a.m. Saturday when he fell asleep at the wheel. He went off the road to the right, then overcorrected and ran of the road to the left. He proceeded to strike a ditch, which caused his Chevrolet pick-up truck to overturn.
Webster had a female passenger with him who suffered minor injuries and was taken to Vidant Medical Center. He was treated at the scene and released.
Webster currently serves as a wide receiver on the team.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer
- New Binghamton University: 'Stop White People' event was 'ironic'