NEWPORT - A car crashed through a flea mall in Carteret County injuring two people, troopers said.
It happened on the 100 block of Carl Garner Road in Newport at about 11:30. Police say that's when Edward Lupton, 93, crashed into the flea market and drove all the way through the building. Lupton hit two vending tables and a man inside the market, according to troopers. The man was sent to the hospital with a head injury. After exiting the flea market, Lupton's car hit a trailer, which then hit two additional cars, police said.
Lupton was also sent to the hospital but had no reported injuries. Troopers say the 93-year-old "blacked out" during the incident and did not recall hitting anyone in the flea mall.
Lupton has been charged with reckless driving.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport