JONES COUNTY - Troopers say a 12-year-old girl ejected from a car Wednesday night is expected to be OK. The accident happened on Highway 17 north of Maysville around 8:00 p.m.
Troopers said 12-year-old Chasity Gibbs was ejected from the car during the accident. She was transported by medical helicopter to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
Troopers tell us Gibbs was not wearing a seat belt when the accident happened.
The driver, 18-year-old Thomas Blount from Washington is charged with failure to maintain lane control and child restrain violation.
Troopers believe Blount and Gibbs are related.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday