EASTERN N.C. - After the chilly and wet conditions over the past weekend, Mother Nature hands Eastern North Carolina a "chilly treat" for Halloween.
Sandy is slowly loosening its grip on Eastern North Carolina as it moves into southern Canada.
Winds Wednesday will not be as strong as Tuesday. Temperatures will be slightly warmer. This means a chilly but dry trick or treat for Halloween.
There will still be some cloud cover around from before sunset as you head out the door this evening. Temperatures will quickly drop into the lower 50s.
Winds will be out of the southwest but only about 10-15mph.
Bundle the little ones up and be safe this Halloween night.
Stormtrack 12 Meteorologists will continue to track weather conditions in Eastern North Carolina.
- HAPPENING TODAY: New Bern Christmas Parade starts at 3 p.m.
- One suspect arrested after three separate Pitt County break-ins
- Christmas float catches fire after 'Grinch' flicks cigarette
- Longtime Hillary Clinton staffer mulls lieutenant governor run in Virginia
- Police: Student stabs, kills University of Southern California professor