NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - The Trent River and Neuse River Bridges have been reopened.
The bridges in New Bern were closed for a short period of time Friday morning due to multiple accidents, officials said. The accidents were caused by black ice that was created by overnight precipitation.
Department of Transportation crews were on the bridges to treat the ice with salt and brine. The bridges were reopened at 7:30 a.m. Friday.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms