NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - The Trent River and Neuse River Bridges have been reopened.
The bridges in New Bern were closed for a short period of time Friday morning due to multiple accidents, officials said. The accidents were caused by black ice that was created by overnight precipitation.
Department of Transportation crews were on the bridges to treat the ice with salt and brine. The bridges were reopened at 7:30 a.m. Friday.
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Updated Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville