A tree was planted in Duplin County Thursday to remember a student killed in a car crash on Aug. 17. Troopers said the crash happened on Highway 421 in Sampson County. Aldaberto Rodriguez, 37, and Angeles "Nicole" Salazar, 12, died in the wreck. Investigators said Salazar was one of three young people in an SUV that crossed the center line and collided with a truck driven by Rodriguez. The other two victims are still recovering from their injuries. A tree was planted at Charity Middle School Thursday in memory of Angeles Salazar. NewsChannel 12 photographer Peter Lipomi was there.
- Updated Tornado watch continues for most of Eastern NC
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal