CHAPEL HILL - A Chapel Hill man was killed by a fallen tree during a storm Wednesday evening.
A Raleigh area television station says the man in his 50s was standing on the back deck of his home on Roper Lane when the tree fell on him.
Dangerous storms moved through the Triangle early Wednesday evening, making a path toward Eastern North Carolina.
The system is forecast to move through the East by late Wednesday night and bring much cooler temperatures on Thursday.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction