CHAPEL HILL - A Chapel Hill man was killed by a fallen tree during a storm Wednesday evening.
A Raleigh area television station says the man in his 50s was standing on the back deck of his home on Roper Lane when the tree fell on him.
Dangerous storms moved through the Triangle early Wednesday evening, making a path toward Eastern North Carolina.
The system is forecast to move through the East by late Wednesday night and bring much cooler temperatures on Thursday.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches