A tree fell on top of a grandfather, pinning him down and seriously injuring him.
According to neighbors, the man, identified as Lee Price, was chopping down the tree that fell on a mobile home, when the tree came down on top of him. The incident happened on Reba Drive in Greenville, at about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
"One of the heaviest parts of the tree stump fell and knocked him off the ladder and pinned him on the ground," said Capt. John Maynard, with the Red Oak Fire Department.
Neighbors said Price, in his 70's, didn't live in the neighborhood, and was visiting his grandson when the accident happened.
According to emergency workers, the tree fell on the man's hips, and he was unresponsive when crews arrived. He was listed in critical condition Tuesday evening at a hospital.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law