Eastern Carolina - US Airways canceled its $150 dollar change reservation fee at about two dozen airports around the country, including major cities like Detroit and Pittsburgh on Wednesday and Thursday.
Coastal Carolina Regional Airport was not one of the handful of airports to waive fees. Although waivers like this have been common in the past. The airliner determines which airports will see the worst delays in selecting who will receive the offer.
Coastal Carolina Airport had relatively few delays despite the severe weather. Some passengers did experience major turbulence from a flight going from Charlotte to Coastal Carolina.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms