WARSAW - A traffic stop in Duplin County led to the arrest of a man on drug charges.
Deputies say they stopped 28-year-old Monterius Smith for a traffic violation on I-40 near Warsaw on April 9. A K-9 search of his vehicle revealed 35 plastic bags of white powder which tested positive for heroin.
Smith, of Dudley, was charged with several heroin-related charges. He was jailed under a $150,00 bond.
- Updated Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Updated Vice President Pence visits former Nazi concentration camp
- Priebus denies collusion between Trump campaign, Russian officials
- Bernstein: Trump's attacks on the press 'more treacherous' than Nixon's
- Syria ceasefire opens door for political solution, UN says