BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Beaufort installed kiosks for a paid parking system along Front Street earlier this month. On Thursday, the Beaufort Police Department began enforcing vehicle's parking times.
The enforcement started Thursday because the town wanted to give ample amount of time for the citizens visiting Beaufort to adjust. All parking spaces are numbered to assigned kiosks, where people can pay for an allotted amount of time.
Using a computer tablet, officers can monitor the kiosks by an online system. Officers will issue a $20 ticket to any space, that the system shows has not paid.
The new system plans to save thousands of man hours.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump