NC NEWS - RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles headquarters building near downtown Raleigh will be closed for business because of damage caused by the weekend's tornado.
The office will be closed on Monday and employees are advised not to report to work.
Spokeswoman Marge Howell said Sunday that the power is off in the building and there is damage to the roof. She said damage assessment teams will be at the building on Monday but she couldn't say when the headquarters would reopen.
Howell said motorists will be able to conduct business at other DMV offices across the state.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today