PELETIER - The clean-up after a tornado that touched down near Peletier continues with the state Department Transportation Department clearing tree limbs and other vegetative debris.
The DOT will work Monday in the Little Kinston Road area.
The EF1 tornado with winds of 110 mph destroyed three homes and damaged others May 30. No one was injured. It formed as Tropical Storm Beryl passed through the area.
A formal assessment by the state determined 14 homes had minor damage, three homes had major damage and three homes were considered a total loss. A number of the homes were second homes rather than primary residences.
- Updated Christian bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' lose discrimination appeal
- Updated Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Singer Kellie Pickler's father arrested in eastern N.C.
- Spidey-strength: Aussie arachnid carts off mouse-sized snack
- Battle for Mosul: How ISIS is fighting to keep its Iraqi stronghold