PELETIER - The clean-up after a tornado that touched down near Peletier continues with the state Department Transportation Department clearing tree limbs and other vegetative debris.
The DOT will work Monday in the Little Kinston Road area.
The EF1 tornado with winds of 110 mph destroyed three homes and damaged others May 30. No one was injured. It formed as Tropical Storm Beryl passed through the area.
A formal assessment by the state determined 14 homes had minor damage, three homes had major damage and three homes were considered a total loss. A number of the homes were second homes rather than primary residences.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms