RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan and the Republicans who want to challenge her in her 2014 re-election bid are releasing fundraising numbers seven months before the GOP primary.
Hagan's campaign said Tuesday it raised $1.8 million during the three months ending Sept. 30 and has $5.4 million in the bank. Her campaign manager says the numbers show that North Carolina residents support the bipartisan work the Democratic incumbent is doing on Capitol Hill.
Republican state House Speaker Thom Tillis told supporters in an email he'll report having more than $800,000 on hand when he files campaign finance documents due Tuesday. Tillis also said he has surpassed $1 million in overall fundraising.
Other GOP primary hopefuls are the Rev. Mark Harris, Dr. Greg Brannon and Heather Grant.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend