Eastern Carolina - The storm sweeping New England rolled through eastern Carolina Thursday night dropping anywhere between 2-4" of rain.
That storm is set to transform into, what national forecasters are saying, one of the top five biggest snow storms to hit the Boston area.
The reason Thursday's rain event is transforming into a substantial storm, is because it is clashing with a second storm.
This second storm brought half a foot of snow to some mid-west states. Both storms are colliding over Boston.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms