PITT COUNTY - Four unrelated people can live in homes in an ECU historic neighborhood according to a vote tonight by Greenville City Council.
The vote was 4-2 in favor of making the proposed change. Previously, only three unrelated individuals could live together in those homes.
A city-wide survey administered by Greenville this summer found 79% of city residents opposed the increase from three to four people.
Wilmington, Durham, and Boone are the other major cities in North Carolina that have three unrelated rules.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen