YADKIN COUNTY - County officials say a 3-month-old girl has been killed when she was bitten by the family dog.
Sheriff Ricky Oliver says his officers continue to investigate the attack that occurred Friday. But Oliver says no charges are expected.
Forsyth County medical examiner Dr. Donald Jason says Dixie Jennings died from head and brain injuries.
Jason said the girl had no other injuries. He says she was wearing a colorful knit cap that the dog may have mistaken for a ball.
Oliver did not provide other details about the dog attack.
He did not say whether the dog has been euthanized.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- New Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death