GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Detectives in Pitt County pulled over three men for allegedly stealing a tractor.
According to investigators, they stopped an SUV that was pulling the Bobcat tractor in Greenville on Wednesday.
Detectives said they asked the driver, Arlester Darnell Hart, Jr., where he was going and he told them Virginia, but did not know exactly where in that state.
When two other men in the vehicle, Early London and Danny Hill, were asked the same question, they gave different answers, investigators said.
There was a sticker on the side of the tractor with a company name and number. Detectives said they called the number and discovered that the tractor was being used at a job site in Kinston, but nobody was given permission to take it.
Hart, London and Hill were arrested and charged with felony possession of stolen property, and resist, delay and obstruct a law enforcement officer. They were each jailed under a $25,000 secured bond.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals