VANCEBORO - Three people were sent to the hospital after the jeep they were riding in crash into another car head on in Craven County.
Troopers said the jeep was traveling Southbound on Highway 17, South of Vanceboro near Coley Ipock Road when it hit a Mercury sedan heading the opposite direction. It happened Sunday before 4:50a.m., when dispatch got the call. The jeep rolled and came to rest in the roadway when another car, a Dodge sedan, hit it again.
Three people in the jeep were taken to Vidant Medical Center with unknown injuries. The passengers in the other two cars were uninjured.
Troopers are still investigating the crash and said it was unclear which vehicle crossed the center line.
The crash is under investigation and troopers don't know whether speed or alcohol was a factor.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law