VANCEBORO - Three people were sent to the hospital after the jeep they were riding in crash into another car head on in Craven County.
Troopers said the jeep was traveling Southbound on Highway 17, South of Vanceboro near Coley Ipock Road when it hit a Mercury sedan heading the opposite direction. It happened Sunday before 4:50a.m., when dispatch got the call. The jeep rolled and came to rest in the roadway when another car, a Dodge sedan, hit it again.
Three people in the jeep were taken to Vidant Medical Center with unknown injuries. The passengers in the other two cars were uninjured.
Troopers are still investigating the crash and said it was unclear which vehicle crossed the center line.
The crash is under investigation and troopers don't know whether speed or alcohol was a factor.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return