FORT BRAGG - Military officials say three members of the 82nd Airborne Division have died in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced Tuesday that 27-year-old Sgt. Eric E. Williams of Murrieta, Calif., died July 23 in Pul-E Alam. No further details were available in his death.
Officials also said 21-year-old Pfc. Julian L. Colvin of Birmingham, Ala., and 27-year-old Staff Sgt. Richard L. Berry of Scottsdale, Ariz., died on July 22 from injuries suffered from an improvised explosive device.
Williams was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade. Colvin and Berry were assigned to 508th Special Troops Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team.
- Updated Women's golf tournament will stay at Trump-owned course -- for now
- New Self-driving truck hauls 51,744 cans of beer
- Updated Donald Trump says he will dramatically ramp up donations in final stretch of campaign
- Updated Administration pushes back on criticism of Obamacare rate hikes
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston