FAYETTEVILLE, CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) - Cumberland County Sheriff's Office says three deputies were hurt Wednesday morning in a shootout that left the suspect and two others dead, including a child.
It happened around 7 a.m. at the Crystal Springs Mobile Home Park in the 5100 block of New Moon Drive in Fayetteville - the area is off Crystal Springs Road between Cumberland and Camden roads.
The shootout was reportedly the result of a domestic dispute between a man and his grandfather.
Shots could be heard in the background on witness cell phone video provided to WTVD.
Authorities tell WTVD that one deputy who was shot in the back was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in unknown condition, while another deputy was grazed in the leg and a third suffered bruising after a bullet struck his batton. The sheriff's office planned a news conference for this afternoon.
A large area at the mobile home park has been taped off as part of the crime scene, and a State Highway Patrol vehicle was seen with a shattered back window.
A neighbor, Danny McGirt, said he heard the gunshots from his home.
"It sounded like somebody was banging on the door and then I said 'No, that's gunshots,'" he said.
- Updated Insurers' pullback has put Obamacare at risk, no matter what Congress does
- Updated Visually impaired students battle in robotics competition
- Updated Khalid Masood: from sporty teenager to murderous extremist
- AARP to Trump voters: This isn't the change you expected
- Missing Brady jerseys returned to Patriots