HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - Three crashes in Havelock caused major traffic backup on Highway 70 Tuesday morning.
According to Diane Miller, Havelock's public information officer, the first wreck happened at about 6:58 a.m. near a Walmart. Injuries were reported in that crash and those involved were taken to a hospital.
The second and third accidents both happened at the MacDonald Downs neighborhood at about 7:15 a.m. and 7:44 a.m. respectively, Miller said. The 7:15 a.m. wreck involved four to five vehicles. Those involved were taken to a hospital. The 7:44 a.m. crash involved two vehicles and no injuries, said Miller.
All three wrecks caused traffic backup on the eastbound lanes of U.S. 70, Miller said.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating