New Bern, Craven County - The Shoe Boutique in New Bern is donating $30,000 dollars worth of free shoes for the fifth straight year to women in need. The donation is through the Salvation Army and Coastal Community Action.
This is the fifth year the owners of the Shoe Boutique have been doing the annual donation. Women weren't just able to pick their shoes, they were fitted by shop employees to ensure a good fit.
Typically about 100 women show up to receive a free pair.
- Updated FEMA releases county-by-county numbers on money distributed
- Updated Poll of Polls: Clinton lead holds steady
- Updated Make-A-Wish Eastern N.C. grants Onslow County child's wish
- Updated Tesla posts rare profit, stock pops 6%
- Updated Clinton camp wants donors to give resources to Senate majority