DURHAM, DURHAM COUNTY - Authorities in North Carolina are searching for whoever made a massive, unauthorized withdrawal from a diaper bank.
The Diaper Bank of North Carolina says 13,000 diapers were stolen last weekend. The Durham-based nonprofit provides diapers to struggling families.
Founder and Executive Director Michelle Old said she went Monday to pick up an order to be distributed to a homeless shelter. She found the order had been strewn across the floor, and various sizes of diapers were missing.
Old also said losing the sizes 4 and 5 diapers was especially difficult because babies can stay in them for up to a year and they are hard to keep in stock. She said some people told her the diapers have turned up at local yard sales, and were being sold on the street.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return