FAYETTEVILLE - Police in Fayetteville say a bookstore has been burglarized after a thief hid in the ceiling until after the store closed.
The Fayetteville Observer reports that the 2nd & Charles Store was robbed early Sunday evening.
Police say after the store closed, the thief climbed down out of the ceiling and emptied a safe in the manager's office, taking an undetermined amount of money. The thief then left through a back door. The store sells used books, CDs and DVDs.
There were no injuries. A description of the thief was not available.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery