FAYETTEVILLE - Police in Fayetteville say a bookstore has been burglarized after a thief hid in the ceiling until after the store closed.
The Fayetteville Observer reports that the 2nd & Charles Store was robbed early Sunday evening.
Police say after the store closed, the thief climbed down out of the ceiling and emptied a safe in the manager's office, taking an undetermined amount of money. The thief then left through a back door. The store sells used books, CDs and DVDs.
There were no injuries. A description of the thief was not available.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez