NEW BERN - The Salvation Army of Pamlico and Craven Counties experienced the joy of giving.
The non-profit group gave needy families presents, provided by residents, on Thursday, Dec. 20.
Families waited in line to receive their gifts at a warehouse, off of Trent Road in New Bern, instead of having them delivered.
The gifts are all a part of the Salvation Army's Angel Tree program, which allows families to apply for holiday assistance and gifts based on their needs.
So far, the Salvation Army of Pamlico and Craven Counties have helped more than 800 families this year.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Updated Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her