NEW BERN - The Salvation Army of Pamlico and Craven Counties experienced the joy of giving.
The non-profit group gave needy families presents, provided by residents, on Thursday, Dec. 20.
Families waited in line to receive their gifts at a warehouse, off of Trent Road in New Bern, instead of having them delivered.
The gifts are all a part of the Salvation Army's Angel Tree program, which allows families to apply for holiday assistance and gifts based on their needs.
So far, the Salvation Army of Pamlico and Craven Counties have helped more than 800 families this year.
- Updated Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates
- Updated Trump disavows robo-call from David Duke
- Chocowinity commissioner speaks out after assault charges