NEW BERN - The Salvation Army of Pamlico and Craven Counties experienced the joy of giving.
The non-profit group gave needy families presents, provided by residents, on Thursday, Dec. 20.
Families waited in line to receive their gifts at a warehouse, off of Trent Road in New Bern, instead of having them delivered.
The gifts are all a part of the Salvation Army's Angel Tree program, which allows families to apply for holiday assistance and gifts based on their needs.
So far, the Salvation Army of Pamlico and Craven Counties have helped more than 800 families this year.
- Updated WHO: Americas officially free from measles
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida