GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Fire officials said a holiday house fire is not suspicious.
The incident happened on Avalon Drive in Greenville, The call came in after 2:30 p.m., officials said.
The owners of the home were out of town at the time, but three cats were inside. Those animals were rescued from the fire.
Fire officials from Eastern Pines Fire-Rescue EMS said the fire started on the front porch from a heating lamp the owners used to keep the cats warm outside.
Calls made to the Pitt County fire marshal for additional information were not returned.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Updated Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew