ONSLOW COUNTY - A second family is without a home following an overnight house fire.
The fire happened at 1178 Haw Branch Road, according to fire officials. That is in the Back Swamp Community of Onslow County. The first fireman got to the blaze just before 12:30 a.m.
The home was occupied at the time of the fire. However, no injuries are reported at this time, Onslow County fire Marshall Brian Kelly said. Kelly considers the incident a "heavy fire loss," and says that it appears to be accidental.
On Wednesday, a home on Burgaw Highway in Jacksonville was also destroyed in a fire. A mother and her three children escaped without injury.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend