NORTH CAROLINA - The Highway Patrol reported ten fatalities on North Carolina highways during the Thanksgiving holiday.
The holiday travel period began at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday and ended at midnight Sunday.
One of those crashes was reported in Beaufort.
Last year during the Thanksgiving holiday period, The Highway Patrol investigated 11 fatal collisions, 432 injury collisions and 1,457 property damage collisions.
Many of these collisions were attributed to excessive speed.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today