RIVER BEND, CRAVEN COUNTY - River Bend Police would like to make citizens aware of a telephone scam.
Officers say the caller is saying they are with the Sheriff's Office, telling victims that they have missed a court date, and have to pay money to avoid being arrested.
The caller, that possibly uses the name 'Greg Allen,' is telling people to purchase a pre-paid card, with some amounts running over $4,000. If not, they'll be arrested.
Officers say the caller is rude and threatening victims.
River Bend Police are working with the Craven County Sheriff's Office and Trent Woods Police on this investigation.
If you are called by this person, contact your local law enforcement agency as soon as possible. This is a scam and do not give any information to the caller.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend