JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A report of a missing firearm led to the arrests of three people, including two minors.
Antonio Fernandez, 16, and Chance McClain, 17, were charged with possession of a handgun by a minor, according to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office.
Tyler Koepp, 18, was charged with selling or giving a weapon to a minor.
The investigation began when detectives learned a weapon was given to a White Oaks High School student. Detectives spoke with students at the school. Investigators were then led to a residence in the Midway Park area, where the gun was found, according to a news release.
Officials did not believe the weapon was on the school campus at any point in time.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend