GREENVILLE - A 15-year-old girl was shot after an early morning fight at a party in Greenville.
Police said somebody fired a weapon into the crowd at 209 Beech St. as a result of that fight. It happened just after midnight, Sunday.
The teenager was shot in the shoulder. She was taken to Vidant Medical Center.
Police said they were interviewing witnesses and will follow up on all leads and suspects.
Alcohol was allegedly being sold to minors at the party.
The teenager's condition is unavailable at this time.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday