SALISBURY, ROWAN COUNTY - Rowan County authorities say a teen has been struck and killed while he was crossing a road to board a school bus.
The collision occurred shortly before 7 a.m. about four miles northwest of Salisbury.
A witness told WBTV the bus was stopped with its stop arms out and lights flashing. James Cottrell said a car approaching from the opposite direction struck the student.
The teen was a student at West Rowan High School. His name has not been released.
The students on the bus were transferred to another bus and taken to school.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way