NEWPORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies arrested a teen for allegedly committing sex crimes against a 12-year-old child in Carteret County.
Kyle Cameron Wells, 17, of Newport, was taken into custody on Wednesday. According to investigators, Wells engaged in sex acts with a 12-year-old boy several times over the past six months.
Wells has been charged with six counts of first-degree sex offense with a child and
three counts of crimes against nature. He was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $2 million bond.
Deputies did not release any more details about the case or the victim.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton