NEWPORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies arrested a teen for allegedly committing sex crimes against a 12-year-old child in Carteret County.
Kyle Cameron Wells, 17, of Newport, was taken into custody on Wednesday. According to investigators, Wells engaged in sex acts with a 12-year-old boy several times over the past six months.
Wells has been charged with six counts of first-degree sex offense with a child and
three counts of crimes against nature. He was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $2 million bond.
Deputies did not release any more details about the case or the victim.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind the Oscars' biggest blunder
- New Jacksonville man accused of hitting teen in face with shovel
- Updated Top 25 roundup: UCF stuns No. 15 Cincinnati
- Updated Creighton's Watson turns himself in to answer sexual assault charge
- Updated Tesla gets downgraded to 'sell' by Goldman Sachs