GREENVILLE - Deputies have charged a teen in the armed robbery of a Greenville home.
Deputies said on Dec. 19 around 6:15 p.m., 17-year-old Khalil Mitchell and another suspect entered a residence with a shotgun in the 1700 block of Anderson Road. They then demanded money from someone inside at gunpoint. Deputies said the victim was forced to hand over the cash he had in his pocket. They said Mitchell and the other suspect then fled on foot.
Deputies said the victim was able to identify one of the suspects as Mitchell. When Mitchell was taken into custody, deputies said 11 bags of marijuana were found in his pocket.
Mitchell faces several charges in Pitt County; first-degree burglary, robbery with a dangerous weapon, and possession with the intent to sell and deliver marijuana.
Mitchell was held on $200,000 secured bond.
The other suspect involved has not been arrested.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend