RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - One of the five teenagers charged with beating a homeless man to death in Raleigh is now officially charged with murder.
Officials say a 16-year-old was charged Thursday with second-degree murder and will be tried as an adult. Three other teens were indicted in June on charges of first-degree murder and also will be tried as adults. It's not clear when they'll be charged.
Raleigh police say all were 15 years old when 37-year-old Regynald Jose Brown (pictured) was killed and his body dumped in a trash can along a greenway.
A 13-year-old also is charged, and his case remains in juvenile court.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery