PITT COUNTY - A teen has been charged in a two-vehicle crash near Greenville Wednesday morning that sent one person to a hospital.
The Highway Patrol told NewsChannel 12 that 16-year-old Allison Wynn has been charged with failure to yield.
The accident happened at about 8 a.m. Wednesday on Highway 264 at Rams Horn Road, just outside of Greenville.
According to troopers, Wynn was turning left from Highway 264 to Rams Horn Road, but didn't see an incoming truck. Wynn's car then crashed into the driver's side door of that truck, causing it to flip over, investigators said.
A female driver and her husband were inside the truck that flipped, said troopers. The woman was taken to a hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
No one else was seriously hurt.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Updated Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction